Live Simply.Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Confucious
A steady flow of distractions from other people may make us feel important, needed, or wanted, but feeling important and accomplishing importance are completely different things. – Unknown
By living simply we experience freedom, balance and joy. By removing the non-essentials, we can focus on the most important things. What are these things that are non-essential? Below is a list of these things:
1. Your Things – Too many things we own complicate our lives to a greater degree that we could ever imagine. These things drain our bank account, our energy, and our time. They keep us from the people we love and from living a life with great value. Invest time to remove non-essential investment and you will never regret.
2. Your Busy-ness – Oftentimes we filled our days from beginning to end with busy-ness: playing games, shopping, kid’s sports and campings, parties, gossiping, hobbies… the list goes on. When possible, release yourself from too much things to do that are not even important in your life to be able to live simply.
3. Your Plans – Reduce the number of plans you are intentionally striving for in your life to one or two. Make a list of the things that you want to accomplish in your life and choose the two most important. When you finish one, add another from your list.
4. Your Pessimism – Being pessimistic is completely useless. Dissatisfaction, hate, bitterness, and jealousy will never improved the quality of life of any human being. Be responsible when it comes to your mind. Forget and forgive past hurts and let go of your negative thoughts.
5. Your Debt – If debt is holding you from enjoying your freedom, reduce it or eliminate it completely. Don’t wait for tomorrow to do it. Do what you’ve got to do to get out from this heavy load you place upon your shoulder. Let go of luxury things to avoid being in debt.
6. Your Words – Avoid gossip. Speak Kindly. Use fewer words. Avoid being loud. If it’s important they will listen.
7. Your Un-natural Stuff – Avoid trans fats, refined grain (white bread), high-fructose corn syrup, and too much sodium. Minimizing these ingredients will improve your energy level in the short-term and your health in the long-term. Also, as much as possible, reduce your consumption of over-the-counter medicine – allow your body to heal itself naturally as opposed to building a dependency on substances.
8. Your Screening – Television, movies, computer games, and tablet games affects your life more than you think. Social media changes your values. It begins to occupy your life. And it has a big impact on your attitude and outlook. Unfortunately, when you live these things everyday and often, you won’t even notice how it is impacting you. The only way to avoid this things from taking your time and attention is to turn them off.
9. Your Social Life – Relationships with others are good, but constant distractions are bad. Try powering off the Iphone, Exit Facebook, or not read text. Focus on the important. A steady flow of distractions from other people may make us feel important, needed, or wanted, but feeling important and accomplishing importance are completely different things.
Tags: live simply, things in your life to simplify