This delicious Easy Chicken Adobo Recipe is very easy to follow and only takes approximately 1 hour from start to finish. I was looking for chicken adobo that requires simple ingredients and kitchenwares. You don’t need an oven to do this. You only need a pan and a stove to cook the chicken. I love how the cooked chicken came out and it was so delicious even the sauce tastes so good. So to make this chicken adobo you will need:
10 pieces of chicken legs
1/4 cup soy sauce
Unlimited ground pepper
- First make sure your chicken are not frozen and place 5 chicken legs in a deep bowl. I prefer glass or ceramic bowls.
- Pour the soy sauce and squeeze half of the lemon onto the chicken. Deep each chicken legs on the sauce, making sure the deep pocket touch the sauce.
- Sprinkle ground pepper on the chicken, the more the merrier.
- Keep dipping each chicken on the sauce, and place them in a clean dry plate.
- Repeat the steps on the remaining 5 chicken legs.
To cook the Chicken Adobo:
3 cloves garlic, large cloves smashed
4 Tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup water
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan and place 5 chicken legs.
- Wait for the chicken legs to turn brown, flip it over and make sure the meat starts to separate from the bones, which means the chicken are cooked.
- Place the chicken in clean plate and repeat 2 steps above with the remaining 5 chicken legs.
- Once all the chicken are done, take away any chicken residue, particles so that all you see in the pan is oil. While doing make sure the fire is off.
- Reduce the oil (if too much) too about 2 tablespoon. No need to measure it, just eyeballing it is enough.
- Turn the fire on and toss the garlic. Wait for it to turn light brown and then place all the chicken back to the pan.
- Pour in the soy sauce, white vinegar and water. Mix and scoop the sauce over the chicken.
- Simmer for 15 minutes more or until the sauce becomes thick.
Serve with hot rice not with bread.